- 1)Why to go trekking in Upper Mustang ?
Upper mustang is border with Tibet, so the geographical structure is very similar to Tibet. Every year thousands of tourist come to visit this unique himalayan landscape.More than that it has various features as unique landscape, traditional culture customs, Ancient buddhist monuments,historical monasteries and human habitat caves.
- 2)What is the best seasons to trekking in Upper Mustang?
In Nepal, there are four different seasons such as Spring, Summer, Autumn and winter. Spring and Autumn are most popular for trekking in Nepal.But the best season of your travel might be differ as per your purpose and your suitable time for travelling in Nepal. But as Upper mustang is land of high alpine desert,so monsoon is also the best season to travel to upper mustang.You can read more about the most favorable seasons in our link below http://www.khumbualpinetravel.com/nepal-travel-guide.html
- 3)What permit do I need for theUpper Mustang trek?
Upper Mustang is restricted area, So the permit is comparatively expensive than other regions.
1) ACAP permit
2) Restricted area permit
- Lomanthang Rural Municipality (All areas of ward no. 1 to 5)
- Lo-Ghekar Damodarkunda Rural Municipality (All areas of ward no. 1 to 5)
- Baragung Muktichetra Rural Municipality (All areas of ward no. 3 and Satang Village of ward no.5)
USD 500 per person (for the first 10 days)
USD 50 per person /Day (beyond 10 days)
- 4)How safe is Upper mustang trek?
Safety is our first concern. As we provide the experienced guides and leaders for the particular trip who are well trained about the high altitude sickness, first aid ,friendly attitude and ability to provide useful and important instructions. All our itineraries are designed with proper acclimatization days in order to reduce the risk of altitude sickness. In every group we provide the first aid kit bag incase of any injury and emergency.
- 5)How is the lodging and fooding facilities in Upper Mustang trek ?
Along the trail to Upper Mustang, there are well facilited lodges are available with various types of foods. We provide you three meals a day with your own choice. We always provide the seasonal fruits as well. We always book in lodges with well management and facilit. if you buy single supplementory package you will get single room.
- 6)What about the flight from Pokhara to Jomsom and vice versa?
Therer are regular flight between Jomsom and Pokhara, It is just 20 minutes flight, they follow the route via Kaligandaki valley. Jomsom is very windy place so only morning time is good for flight.
- 7)Is there any internet wifi and phone call facility on the way?
After your arrival in Kathmandu airport, we recommand to buy One ncell sim card. In western region, ncell works until Jomsom and khagbeni. Above that there is good internet facility in every lodges.
- 9)What is the normal tempreture in spring and Autumn season?
Spring season starts from March, but until third week of march tempreture will still be cold even in day time. But actually tempreture depends on weather, if weatheris mild tempreture ranges from 10-15 Degree Centigrate.If the weather is clear, days will be warm.After the April it will be warm with sunny weather. Especially in Morning and Evening time will be little cold.
Autumn season starts from September, September will still be warm even the weather is not good. From october normally in morning and everning will be cold.
- 8)Can I use the forieng currency and Credit cards on the way in any shop or Lodge?
You can pay by oriegn currency as well, but the exchange rate will not be same as Kathmandu, so we recommand you to exchage the money in kathmandu and take a nepalese Rupees. Only some place in Mustang there is credit card payment facility.
- Is single person can trek to Upper mustang?
No, to get the permit there should be atleast two people.